Employee Health and Wellness
Experienced manager responsible for the design, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement of a comprehensive health measurement and health education / wellness program. Develop scientific evidence-based, leading-edge, cost-effective testing protocols and strategies to increase employees’ engagement in their health and build a resilient and productive workforce. Maintain excellent interpersonal and working relationships with key stakeholders to transition into the role of a trusted advisor and facilitate the sharing of advice and information on optimal health.
- Lead the development and implementation of program/services that result in health risk reductions and improvement in health status. Design and ensure the delivery of employee health promotion & wellness services, which include proven and measurable health promotion methods, health education, and behavior change interventions.
- Develop and implement disease prevention and health promotion programs encompassing primary prevention and secondary prevention through screening, early detection, and treatment. Biometric screening to include lab tests to determine each member’s risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, and other conditions associated with the metabolic syndrome: lipid panel, C-reactive protein, homocysteine, hormones (DHEA-S, free and total testosterone, porgesterone – women only, estradiol, TSH, 25-hydroxy Vitamin D), glucose, kidney function tests (creatinine, BUN, uric acid, BUN/creatinine ratio), liver function tests (AST, ALT, LDH, GGT, bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase), minerals (calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, chloride, iron), proteins (albumin, globulin, total protein, albumin/globulin ratio), complete blood count (CBC), and PSA – men only.
- Develop and implement a risk identification program through the use of valid health risk appraisal (HRA) tools. Evaluate the results and help ensure that members are triaged into appropriate risk reduction programs. As a result of HRA findings, implement population-based and individual programs intended to reduce the incidence of disease. Maintain and/or improve the organizations smoking cessation and weight management programs.
- Collaborate with client’s sales and marketing department. Participate in employer group and member based health promotion activities and initiatives. Represent client in the community through on-going interactions with business, political, and community leaders. Engages potential clients by participating in community events and organizations, public speaking engagements and other public awareness opportunities. Promote the value of preventive care, disease prevention and health promotion. Encourage the active participation of physicians in the design, promotion, and delivery of programs.
- Develop short and long term health promotion and health education strategies, based upon the population’s health needs. Collect and analyze membership health status data as the basis for developing goals, objectives, and the scope of activities/programs. Conduct annual program evaluation by monitoring outcomes of health and lifestyle management programs.
- Work with sales and marketing to develop, deliver and manage corporate incentive based wellness products for business and industry clients. Provide oversight for wellness products. Provide outcomes’ reporting to commercial clients utilizing wellness products.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to build seamless coordination between disease prevention and disease management programs.
- Design and implement programs to improve the preventive subset of the Healthcare Effectiveness and Data Information metrics (HEDIS). Ensure program components are in full compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards. Assume lead in ensuring compliance with NCQA Preventive Health standards.
- Determine resources required and evaluate available funding sources for disease prevention and health promotion initiatives. Seek, procure, and mobilize resources to support the program. Identify client needs and then oversee total health program delivery, including management of on- and off-site vendors and program staff. Establish strategic milestones and lead efforts to meet key deliverables and objectives as they relate to those programs. Provide routine and on-demand management reporting based on the identified goals and objectives.
- Develop and administer a departmental budget to ensure that resources are effectively and efficiently utilized to support program goals and accountabilities. Integrate wellness focus and messaging with other employee benefits, events and programs.
- Hire, motivate, mentor, and review staff assigned to the Employee Health & Wellness department.